Young Marines Core Values
Honor Courage Commitment
Discipline Leadership Teamwork
14. Leadership Traits
1. Judgment 2. Justice
3. Dependability 4.Initiative 5. Decisiveness
6. Tact 7. Integrity 8. Enthusiasm
9. Bearing 10. Unselfishness 11. Courage 12. Knowledge 13. Loyalty
11. Leadership Principles
1. Be technically and tactically proficient
2. Know yourself and seek self-improvement
3. Know your Young Marines and lookout for their welfare
4. Keep your Young Marines informed
5. Set the example
6. Ensure the task is understood, supervised and accomplished
7. Train your Young Marines as a TEAM
8. Make sound and timely decisions
9. Develop a sense of responsibility in your subordinates
10. Employ your unit in accordance with its capabilities
11. Seek responsibility and take responsibility for your actions
Please complete the form below to be added to our contact list. Our Young Marine Recruiting office is located at 332 Pine Street, (downtown) Red Bluff, CA 96080. We're not usually in during the workweek, but call Unit Commander Jaime Crane at 366.0813) to make an appointment to see the Young Marine movie (about 15 minutes) and to ask more questions about the program.
Recruit Training Series (boot camp) usually takes place over a four day, three night period.
There are some costs involved, but affordable arrangements can be made. It's not really an expense, but rather, it is an investment in your child, community and its future.
We encourage you to make a tax-deductible donation by completing the form. Our downtown office and all that is in it, including utilities, has been donated by generous people and businesses in the community.
You may also use this contact form if you would like to sponsor a Young Marine. No one may actively take part in any activities without the proper paperwork and forms completed.
The Young Marines is "looking for a few good (qualified) men and women" in the community. Adult volunteers who want to learn about mentoring in a long-term youth program are encouraged to call either 419.3950 or 366.0813 for information. Training is free - volunteering is priceless!
Boot Camp begins at 0330 hours
(4:30 a.m.). "Get on the Yellow Footprints,
lock your bodies and
claim victory over
drugs, alcohol, tobacco, gangs and violence!"